Seniority Level:Mid-Senior level
Industry: IT & Services
Employment Type: Full-time
Job Functions: IT
What we offer
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You’ll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in your craft. You’ll be involved in the process of delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world – someone is always working on something fun or unusual, providing you with the opportunity to always learn something new!
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Be provided with a generous professional development budget
- Have the option to work flexibly – allowing you to work when and where suits you best, whilst meeting organisational requirements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
What we’re up to
- We build systems that model the relationship between spatial features and the creative works within them, with a focus on human-scale visitor experiences (which is a fancy way of saying “museum”, but there’s more to it than that)
- We have developed a platform to allow us to work on a large number of simultaneous creative projects with both generalised and bespoke features.
- Our front-end stack is built around a core of TypeScript, React and GraphQL. We use a combination of Python, GRPC and Docker to build most of our backend services, with a smattering of Rust where appropriate
- We integrate extensively with the Mapbox API, warts and all
What we need
Ideally, you will:
- Have 3+ years database optimisation experience
- Have experience integrating with reporting tools
- Be a nice person who cares about their work
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious, questioning person committed to continual learning who looks to make improvements
- Be comfortable working on projects from the original brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
While not essential, it’s beneficial if you have:
- Knowledge of ETL (Extract, Transform and Load), Hadoop, PostgreSQL, data visualisation and visualisation tooling
- Experience working with frontend and backend engineers to develop data-rich dashboards
We are looking for people anywhere from 3+ years commercial experience and will pay accordingly.
Who should apply
We are looking for a team member who’ll be part of our great team. We care about diversity and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
Interested? Contact email@example.com