What We Offer
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You’ll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in your craft while delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world.
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Be provided with a generous professional development budget
- Have the option to work flexibly – allowing you to work when and where suits you best, whilst meeting organisational requirements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
What you’ll be working on:
We build systems that model the relationship between spatial features and the creative works within them, with a focus on human-scale visitor experiences (which is a fancy way of saying “museum”, but there’s more to it than that). We have developed a platform to allow us to work on a large number of simultaneous creative projects with both generalised and bespoke features.
In collaboration with the development team, you will help bring new features and components into the data platform for exposing complex datasets, blending datasets and the storage of datasets and facilitating visualisations.
This role will see you iterate and improve our data processing pipeline to help derive insights from many years worth of spatial data and analytics from the MONA Museum.
We have a number of concurrent backend projects in flight at any time, there is always something new and interesting to sink your teeth into. Someone is always working on something fun or unusual, providing you with the opportunity to always learn something new!
We make use of a broad but carefully curated set of technologies for our work, including Python, Django, Docker, GRPC and GraphQL, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, TypeScript and React for front-ends, and a smattering of Rust where appropriate.
The key to your success in this role is your positive, can-do approach, ability to work autonomously and collaboratively within a small, fast-paced team of developers, designers, producers and key stakeholders. In addition, you’ll:
- Have the ability to handle complex projects with multiple technologies and integrations with dynamic requirements
- Be a nice person who cares about their work
- Communicate well in person and in writing
- Be a curious, questioning person committed to continual learning who looks to make improvements
- Be comfortable working on projects from the original brief through development and deployment and beyond with minimal oversight required
Who should apply
We are looking for a team member who’ll be part of our great team. We care about diversity and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role then get in touch!
Interested? Email firstname.lastname@example.org