Who we are
We’re an international creative technology company with offices in Australia and North America. We’re a talented and diverse group of creative thinkers, problem solvers, designers, writers, producers and engineers. We work alongside, and embedded within, cultural organisations to help them build people-centric interpretive experiences.
All our projects foreground place, from our ongoing partnership with the Mona museum in Tasmania to our latest immersive audio experiences with the Art Gallery NSW and Smithsonian Institution’s Freer and Sackler Museum. We specialise in creating magical experiences of and about place by seamlessly blending the physical and digital world, connecting people to new ideas derived from their immediate surroundings.
What we offer
We promote a friendly, human work environment; providing you with the support, tools and resources to flourish in your role. You’ll be able to draw on the support of a widely experienced team while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in your craft. You’ll be involved in the process of delivering unique experiences to some of the most innovative creative institutions in the world – someone is always working on something fun or unusual, providing you with the opportunity to always learn something new!
In addition to the above, you’ll:
- Be provided with a generous professional development budget
- Have the option to work flexibly – allowing you to work when and where suits you best, whilst meeting organisational requirements
- Be able to work out of a newly renovated office in vibrant Collingwood
What we’re up to
- We build systems that model the relationship between spatial features and the creative works within them, with a focus on human-scale visitor experiences (which is a fancy way of saying “museum”, but there’s more to it than that)
- We have developed a platform to allow us to work on a large number of simultaneous creative projects with both generalised and bespoke features.
- Our front-end stack is built around a core of TypeScript, React and GraphQLWe use a combination of Python, GRPC and Docker to build most of our backend services, with a smattering of Rust where appropriate
- We integrate extensively with the Mapbox API, warts and all
What we need
Above all, you’ll have a good eye for design, high standards, and an ability to work closely with our design team to bridge design/UX considerations with front-end development.
Your strong documentation and communication skills will serve you well as the dialogue flows between design, UX, and the front-end architects.
You’ll be comfortable in a fast-paced environment where things can sometimes change quickly (though we work hard not to sacrifice quality).
Technically speaking, you’ll be confident using:
- HTML5 and CSS, particularly modern styling techniques like CSS Modules, Styled Components, or whatever everyone is using this month
Experience with some of the other techy stuff we’re using is less important than a willingness to learn it.
We are looking for people anywhere from 3+ years of commercial experience and will pay accordingly.
Who should apply
We are looking for a team member who’ll be part of our great team. We care about diversity and welcome applicants of all types, and from all backgrounds. If you think you have the skills and experience needed for this role, please get in touch, we’d love to hear from you!
Interested? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org